From the end of 2017 to october 2018, our company performed dismantling, moving, erection, commissioning, as well as acceptance tests of the unique Schiess IFBW horizontal boring mill, at one of the largest production facilities in the nuclear industry.
Our team of specialists managed to move the machine to a new location just in time while maintaining its geometric and metrological accuracy according to our methodology, agreed with the Customer.
The total weight of the Schiess IFBW machine is 458 tons.
The work was carried out in three stages.
- Development of a work plan;
- Unit-by-unit dismantling of the machine;
- Drawing up defective statements for all engineering systems with their subsequent replacement with new ones.
- Loading at the site of dismantling, moving to the place of installation, unloading and storing the Equipment near the new foundation for the Equipment.
- Unit-by-unit assembly and installation of the Equipment by the Contractor on the foundation, in accordance with the requirements for the machine provided by the Customer, and work plan for the installation of the machine.
- Commissioning works on all systems of the mounted machine;
- Acceptance tests of the machine.
A very important moment in the performance of work by the specialists of JSC “Titran” was the setting of the bed and the working space of the machine, which were set with errors not exceeding the passport requirements of the machine.